Get To Know Chase Barwick, Social Media & Marketing Manager at Empower Funding
1. What do you do at Empower Funding?
I manage our social media and marketing, basically, most of what you see online about Empower Funding :)
My goal is to make sure that people know who we are and fully understand our service as well as providing content that our followers and clients actually enjoy!
2. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
I love music, songwriting, playing guitar and singing. When I'm not working I'm either spending time with my amazing wife or sitting in my room with my headphones on practising guitar for hours on end :)
3. If you could pick up a new skill in an instant what would it be?
I would love to be better at conversation in social environments :)
4. Seen any good movies/series lately you’d recommend?
Movies - Knives Out, Joker, The Fundamentals Of Caring.
Series - Mindhunter, Brooklyn 99, The Witcher.
5. What was the first thing you bought with your own money?
Straight after receiving my first paycheck I bought a pair of jeans that I definitely shouldn't have bought!
6. What’s something you want to do in the next year that you’ve never done before?
Travelling to Greece, Italy or Europe in general would be nice! If not this year then soon hopefully.
7. What was the best concert you ever attended?
A group of friends including my brother and my dad were front row golden circle at a Red Hot Chili Pepper's concert at Cape Town Stadium. I don't think anything will ever beat that musical experience!
Jason Mraz in Cape Town was also amazing.
8. Where’s your favourite place in the world?
Noordhoek Beach, Cape Town.
9. What’s the last book you read?
The Last Wish (The Witcher series) - Andrzej Sapkowski
10. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Downhill mountain biking for many years as a teenager was probably the craziest thing I've ever done. Luckily I didn't break any bones!
Bonus question: What is something people in your industry have to deal with that you want to fix?
I want to help people understand what bridging finance actually is and get more information available and easily accessible to people online!
Contact us to learn more about our Bridging Finance service!
021 140 3540